Monday, August 8, 2011

Thanks for July


Dear God,
There are a lot of people around here who weren't such big fans of July. You may have overdone the heat a bit. 18 days over 100? only 3 days that dipped into the 80's? We weren't prepared for it - and over all - I might be a the only one who appreciated the stint in the furnace. So I thought I should send a thank you note - since the weather was just for me. Oh - and for the books - it was the perfect combo. I am sure I will need refresher courses but right now I just want to thank you for the rest and the joy. I want to thank you that I played with the three little ones for a whole month - swam with them - read with them - and enjoyed them because it was just too hot for anything else. I thank you that I learned to love the cool early mornings and to sit on the long evenings with the Suadis. You gave us so many chairs recently - around the pond - on the porch - perfect places to sit - when it was too hot to do anything else. And I liked it. I think I napped without guilt. It was a good and beautiful month. Thank you for James Bryan Smith's books - "The Good and Beautiful God" and the "Good and Beautiful Life." They came and just the right time - to meditate - when it was too hot to do anything else. It has been an amazing summer of simple calm joy. Thank you for the horrible weather, the lack of air conditioning, and mostly for the amazing people to share it all with. Please forgive my complaints. You know what you are doing.

Swimming is how I will remember these kiddos this summer - they have become fish!







Just some cute photos of summer activities and Lucy's Princess tea party - it was a blast!!





No comments: