Thursday, August 18, 2011

It could have been worse - 1st day of school

Jude's first day of school - the theme for the year is "Lights, Camera, Learn" - here he is in his shirt:




I threw my little lamb to the wolves one other time -and it was also not a total success. In Honduras when we sent Jude to the bi-lingual school it lasted a month until he had a complete break down and laid on his bed for three days. That school was optional. This one is not. It is a wonderful school full of amazing and diverse people. It is the world in a building -a training ground for life - and he will do well. Eventually. Right now we are both a little shell shocked and confused by the whole group of them and their "hollywood" themed school year. A limo ride on the first day? An all school assembly of teachers in red carpet costume - making it fun - keepin' it real. But as I watch him from a distance spin lonely on the playground I wonder what he is thinking and I think, "Surely he could just learn to read at home. That's all he needs right? That. And me.
No.
It's gonna be ok Jude.
It's gonna be ok me.
Just so glad we believe in a God who loves him more than we do.
Just glad that God has a plan - 'cause I don't. Not after tomorrow.
We have marshmallow cereal and a living room camp out with the Lowerys planned... after that he is kinda on his own.

In other news - Julia and Kingson moved out - Jessie and Marrina came back. Tony and Seonjin come next week and Saad and Salah the next. Asli is staying through October - so our house will be 5 nationalities - 11 people. If you are trying to communicate with me right now and I am not quite tracking -I'm sorry - give me two weeks to re-adjust. I'm thinking of changing my blog name. Something with a little more international flair or something - but really when it comes right down to it - I'm still just a non-desperate housewife - of a really big full house.

No comments: