Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Life Unexpected




So tonight, as Jarod was trying to capture a bat in our living room without injuring it - I couldn’t help but laugh and think, “Huh - I would have never thought to put this on my to do list.”
When will I learn to let it go - and enjoy the unexpected? To roll with the punches? To ride the waves? To heed all of the annoying cliches? I do not know.
But some unexpected came this way our week - and they were fun. Bats, blue jays, my aunt and uncle coming for a visit, my sister-in-law doing a choreographed dance in a wedding dress in a back yard, my ‘brothers’ hauling an entire room of concrete out of my basement - as well as 4 other loads of garbage on their “days off,” Lucy enjoying her first ring-pop, and dozens of fuzzy little peaches hanging on tree I swore was an apple.
Other unexpected things came this week - not so fun - Jarod throwing his shoulder out (you would have thought it would be the uncoordinated men in their 50’s hauling concrete - but NO it’s Jarod sleeping wrong), bad news from family members (that probably wouldn’t have come as such a shock if we weren’t so self absorbed - please do tell us if there are any other elephants in the room that we are missing!), and finally when our house got up to 90 degrees and I wanted to open the windows and turn on the fans - I realized that half our windows don’t open and that there was still a good 1/2 inch of dust on the tops of the ceiling fans. OOPPPSSS.
Well, the next week involves sandblasting and our first tenant moving in - so I have a feeling a few more shocks are on the way. However, both my parents and Jarod’s parents just called to say that a tornado is heading our way... so I should go “batten down the hatches” - because if a storm hits us hard I really can’t say IT was unexpected - now CAN I?


Leave it to Chrissy to have trentenira. We celebrated her 30th b-day with Latin 15th birthday customs. Bob changed the shoes - and we are all so glad she is finally a woman... wonder when I'll get there.



Here are the best brothers in the world hauling off our nasty basement. The quote of the week was Randy, dripping with sweat - as sincere as can be, "Manda, thank you for letting me rip up your junky old tile." Ummmm... You're welcome? That just doesn't seem right. Oh yeah - and he got hit in the head with a cinder block - talk about unexpected :)


And finally- I thought catching bats was a strange way to end the evening. The basement has finally come in good for something.


GOOD NIGHT from 703 Fort

No comments: