Monday, February 9, 2009

The worst best ideas ever

Good bad idea #1. Don't be afraid to try new things
Jarod and I have always thought that it is important to not 'freak out' about every little thing that could happen when you travel. Therefore we try new foods. This is a good idea. Last week, somewhere along the way we picked up the NASTIEST bug - that – to make a long story short – sent us both to the Dr. where we got some HEAVY medication. The good news is – it worked wonders. So, after 5 days of almost unbearable illness – meet the highlights of my trip to Roatan – Antibiotics and a toilet that could handle toilet paper!!! (Don't worry, the humor in my new found love for antibiotics is not lost on me!)





Good bad idea #2. Have my parents come to visit and take us on a tropical island vacation
As you can tell by the pictures this was a very good idea. Minus the fact that they don't speak Spanish on Roatan so we have probably undone a month's worth of work in a week, and it is going to be impossibly hard for Jude (and us) to adjust to life without the spoilage .... and that my poor grandmother fell and broke another hip while they were here so my Aunt and Uncle are struggling through that alone!








Good bad idea #3. Allow Jarod and Dad to have an underwater camera. Pictures of coral anyone? Please visit our flicker account. It is SO NOT my fault.





Good bad idea #4. Buy our close friends a giant pinata for their wedding.
I still say it is a good idea... even though NO ONE can figure out how to get it back to Kansas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it. Being super ill, washing clothes by hand, and still looking absolutely fabulous! THat picture of you with the pills is beautiful!