Monday, January 19, 2009

Time for a happy blog

So, some of your are worrying about us. Sorry I've must have been a downer lately... just trying to be honest about the struggles we do have, but I guess it was a bit much. :) Don't worry. If life gets too hard there is a Popeye's down the street and I can get in a cab and take my laundry to get washed and dried for under $15. So what if Jude doesn't like school? I never liked school but they made me go anyway and I turned out. So what if the kids are sick – kids get sick everywhere. We only lose water for a few hours at a time and the oil is keeping the misquotes off (either that or the rain is keeping them away... and it is defiantly cooling things down.) If my kids get to sick I know an American nurse and an American Dr. lives down the street. My parents are coming to visit in 2 weeks so we are guaranteed a good time!
Actually I have a feeling any struggles we may have had come more from missing PEOPLE than any amenities. Just think of any "discontent" we may be conveying as a sign that we miss and love you... and in time our missing you won't pass but our capacity to love the people of both places equally will increase (as will our fondness for skype).
So, seriously, what's the big deal? Nothing... for us. For the people here, life is hard, really hard, but no matter how much I try to live simply... I can never experience life the way they do. I'm a big wimp and my blog is a good place to vent.... but I am hoping that over time... if I start out honest and remain honest, we will all notice a CHANGE in me... and my kids... and Jarod (although he seems to be doing fine... he's good like that.) Oh, except - he officially hates Spanish – well actually, he really wants to KNOW Spanish he just doesn't want to STUDY it. THAT, my friends, is the story of his life... and it really annoys me that he is smart enough that somehow he will have better grammar than me in two weeks.
Speaking of grammar I thought I'd waste a little time on math. In 2 weeks I've worked on 120 verbs x 5 conjugations x 4 tenses = 2400 verbs... that's just to say “to go...”, etc. now we have to learn some nouns so we have places “to go”.... English is such an ugly little language but man is it easy.
Please do pray for us though, that we will be able to coordinate meetings with several missionaries that we are wanted to get to know. There are so many ways to minister here... please pray that God shows us with who and how!

Here's the purchase of the week... won out over a TV... and it is super entertaining for both of them... and semi-safe now that Jude knows Lucy really doesn't like being "dumper-car-ed" full speed into the wall.

2 comments:

Karine and Tom said...

I'm glad to hear that you're getting a bit more settled in. If you'd like to come over for coffee sometime and chat, feel free to email me. karinenelson@yahoo.com

Have a great evening!
Your neighbor,
Karine

Anonymous said...

It's great keeping updated on your life through your blog!! We love seeing the kids and how much they are growing!! Love to all of you.
Uncle Bruce and Aunt Sandy