Monday, January 26, 2009

1 block walk

4 times a day I walk to or from Jude's school. Friday I took my camera.

Some days I see this.


Other days I see this.


I am learning that what I see is directly related to the hours of sleep I get in a night, how hard Jude is crying when I leave the school, and the one upon whom I place my focus. But this is my Honduras neighborhood...



... I have yet to chronicle the 1 mile walk to my school... but I am just wondering... what do you all want to hear about? More about the kids? about spiritual and socioeconomic conditions? or about the random military men with guns who came to make sure I didn't have any standing water in my sink to attract misquotes? seriously... I don't know what to write about anymore.

PS - you can click on the pictures to make them bigger

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I leave too many comments but here goes. I am interested in whatever you write, good, bad, or ugly. Life is usually all of those things sometimes in a matter of seconds. I know things can be going along quite well and Paul becomes stubborn and suddenly I want to trade it all in for something else. I want to go back to easy and fun. So write about any or all of it. It will be news to me. I have figured out that Satan was telling me the lie that I had to have a close friend here to be happy. I've just figured out that isn't true. All I really need is God on my side and who can be against me. All the rest like family and stuff are gifts from him. I love you and thank you for being one of God's gifts to me.

The Tarka Family said...

I vote for spiritual and socioeconomic.

Lindsey said...

So our first house fell through, I was soooo upset. But today we signed on a house in Sauce so we are going to be neighbors. I think we are really close too. We are on the street right after La Quinta and it "dead ends" into the "tele..." store. Do you know where I am talking about or am I just talking crazy talk?

Lindsey said...

Our first house fell through and I was sooo sad but long story short today we signed on a house in Sauce and I think it is really close to wear ya'll live! So maybe I will eventually get to meet you :)

Anonymous said...

We really enjoy anything and everything that you share with us. Of course I love seeing pic's of all of you!!

Anonymous said...

Girl ! You are in Honduras! What , are you afraid we will have heard everything from someone else before ? You write what ever YOUR heart speaks . We love you . Have a great time next week