Sunday, November 21, 2010

Note to Self:

Take pictures when interesting things are happening:

Exhibit A: The great pie crust fiasco of 2010. New recipe, ten pie crusts. Do I really need that much lard? Surely not. They're ready to go in the freezer.
Out of the freezer.
OH, Yes I DID need that much lard because now I will be cursing myself throughout the entire holiday season. OH – except I solved the “flakes under the pin – not in your pan” problem by dipping – yes I said Dipping – the crumbling mess in melted butter. If, perchance, we cross paths at any holiday potluck this holiday season – mine will be the food wafting with fat fragrance – and not looking so pretty. But flaky we have. Discovery – the real reason American's BUY pie crust is not because we are lazy it is because we really don't want to SEE the lard we put in our yummys... and on our tummys – we want that to remain a mystery.

Exhibit B:
From the kitchen, trying to use my mom's kitchen aid for the first time,
ME: AHHHHHHH!!!! I just threw pumpkin pie ALL over the whole kitchen.
From the living room, pausing from a vibrating power chisel,
JAROD: Ummm, that's ok I just threw brick ALL over the living room.
ME: Well, I can't clean it up because I have pie dripping from my pants...
JAROD: Well, I can't come get the broom or I'll grind this rock powder into the wood floors.
BOTH: JUDE!!!!!

Holidays A LA construction zone.

Exhibit C:
Trip to california.... 3 cute kids and 2 photographer(ish) people... and still NO photos.

Exhibit D:
A church full of my favorite people, talking, laughing, eating, chasing kids all over, singing in voices so off key and high pitched that Sunjin questioned if that was normal, crying (oh wait – that was just me) and talking about the good, bad and ugly of the year through the eyes of a loving God – who despite how it might appear – has cancer, debt, families, and even deaths orchestrated into a great plan of love and glory.


Exhibits to photo dairy this week: last session of kid yoga, monday family dinner, school thanksgiving meal, an “all class” play date at our house, Hett Thanksgiving, early morning black Friday city shopping with international students (yes, that would be ME – doing THAT), and probably a food coma by Saturday.


HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING – and take a photo or two – you know you won't regret it!

No comments: