Monday, November 29, 2010

I tried

2 things about adulthood continually surprise me.

1. How tired I am.
As a child, I can remember my parents saying how much they wanted to take a nap. But I thought they meant every 5th Sunday for 30 minutes when they actually laid down. I didn't know I would grow up to covet a nap at 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7:30 every day for years. Is this normal?

2. How forgetful I am.
I will get Alzheimer's. I am convinced that I can take Vitamin E, fish oil and do cross word puzzles until I am a slimy swimming synonym genius but my genetics and something about our modern world (and maybe something to do with my exhaustion) makes it inevitable that I will forget all things. Except I hope - one amazingly hilarious story... maybe about the time I peed my pants at the age of 14... or perhaps the never ending hike up Mount St. helens.. or my 4 hours in Budapest. All I am hoping for is that I am a hilarious old person.
But I didn't think I'd be so forgetful now. At this rate I'll need this blog for a planner and not a journal. Note to self: pick Jude up from school... again today... just like yesterday... same time... same place... it shouldn't come as a surprise every day.

So yeah, I forgot to take pictures. Well, I'd remember as the events of the week were ending, or if some gracious person said, "Shouldn't you get your camera?" Thank you people.

I have no brain. Maybe it is napping.



Toni had to remind me that maybe I would want to take pictures of the super cool helicopter uncle Brandon brought "for the kids" as it zoomed around the room hitting people and scratching our walls on Monday night. I mean how often does one have a helicopter in their house?


May i say I have super cute kids who are seriously enjoying their holidays?




I thought to pull out my camera for the amazing spread of Chinese "Hot Pot" only after I saw the girls taking photos of their work themselves. It was amazing... and I love our little family more and more each day.



And of course my mom reminded me that we might want some photos of my brother Randy's baptism. I did. I hope I never forget his laugh and "oh boy!" excitement. Congratulations Randy!!!



Not pictured:

Hett Thanksgiving of over 100
Walmart black-friday midnight craziness
Jude's WHOLE CLASS party... and the aftermath
and so much more
so much to be thankful for!!

No comments: