Sunday, October 3, 2010

Strange ways to warm a woman's heart



Jarod bought me a freezer about a month ago (not sure if it is because he loves me or because he was tired of hearing about all the great meat sales I had to pass up because of lack of space.) And now due to our mothers who are generous in meat, a few great bread and frozen veggie sales, a few afternoons with a kitchenaid and fall produce, a tamale sale at the Spanish church, and a night of casserole making and trading with my girlfriends – it is full. And I granted my self the wasteful pleasure of a few moments of standing in front of freezing warmth of the “fullness” of it all. Then I proceeded to wake up twice in the middle of the night and check to make sure it was closed securely (Thanks Sommer). How fickle the security of abundance really is.

Other things that warm my heart are:

Fun family interactions like Seonjin and Lucy's new found primping bond.

My dad putting in window frames!

These guys.





These guys.



A friend's beautiful pregnant belly


A brother who can think of nothing better than spending his Sunday afternoon continuing the digging in our accidental swimming pool/pond.



And a crock-pot full of my favorite sweet potato peanut soup for our family meeting tonight.

Things that don't warm my heart:
What on earth are we going to do with that POND! And after hauling over 300 wheelbarrows full of dirt around the house to prevent leaking Jarod calmly comments, “But you see here? That looks like structural weakness. We are gonna have to pull this whole side out. Do you know a brick guy?” GREAT!! So now I have a swimming pool that didn't fix anything.


I think I'll make zucchini bread.

This is called a full freezer avoidance mechanism.

(Photo props here go to Layton... (the strange kid by the pole) - good work for his first time holding an SLR... "here's lookin' at you kid.")

2 comments:

christina said...

Love your blog, it is so great to follow your lives even though we are so far away....
Any chance to get the recipe for this yummy soup???
sweet potato peanut soup

Aabii said...

loved to read ur lines...a wonderful family under the blue sky..