Monday, October 18, 2010

In a good week

It scares me how much schizophrenia this house brings out in me. I am humbled by how much of a life process "learning to be content in all things" really is turning out to be. And all those funny cliches about "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans-" Or "When praying don't give God instructions, just report for duty-" would be a lot more amusing if I could get the hang of it. Thankfully for me - once in a great while our plans align and I feel happy... oh so happy... and free.

Please check out the completion of 3 of 7 rooms in the basement....











and not a moment too soon as Daisy - our fourth student arrived shortly after the paint dried (more on her later).

Jarod and Dad had a wonderful week installing doors, ceilings, and working on counter tops and chimneys - thanks to God for weather too warm to have dad busy moving trees.

And every once in a while our remodeling brings joy to everyone's lives as the kids and Sunjin enjoyed an arial view of our neighborhood and the kids spent a long afternoon playing "hide out" in the toilet boxes with their cousin.


A Community Connections event with FHSU international students was hosted at Bethesda Place on Friday night where over 100 students enjoyed wonderful fall weather, garden tours, a hay rack ride, pumpkin chucking in the trebuchet, and a 'weenie roast" and smores.


My brain is coming out of motherhood atrophy as the students allow me to help edit their papers and I couldn't find more enjoyment in our late night work and laugh sessions.

On top of all the good things happening in our lives, our friend Amy is recovering nicely from a scary bout with leg numbness after a LONG labor... and I am planning a trip to California to visit some other friends who are expecting.

And finally - Jude and I reassembled the lost body parts of 23 LEGO men, Jarod's sister survived to tell about her skydiving trip, and this morning Katie showed me a 100 day around the world cruise for $17,000. :)


Hope you all have a good week.

No comments: