Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day to me.

I am sitting in bed listening to my daughter cough in her sleep just HOPING she doesn't wake up.
I am sitting in bed after letting my husband go take care of my family even after he threw up last night and informed me that he has an ear infection and “might be allergic to the sun.” (???)

Yes, I am that selfish of a person. I want to write and be alone that badly.

I have written nothing but TO DO lists, speeches, eulogies and letters to the governor this month. I have been alone exactly 20 waking seconds in the last 30 days. So here goes a summary of the month I may have cancelled if I had seen it coming on my calendar – but a month I wouldn't now trade for the world. If you have been a part of it in any way – thank you.
_____________________________

First my children were sick for so many days that they became professional patients. To the point that one night in bed they asked for, “homemade vanilla pudding with a maraschino cherry on top.” They knew they would get it because they had gone at least 4 days without really feeling up to eating anything.



Then there was easter and baptisms. 

And our friend Sawsan randomly returning from Saudi Arabia bringing gifts 
 


And then there was THE SALE

And Grandma coming to the sale :).

And fitting in random trips to the museum and time to celebrate birthdays.
 

And a wonderful work day at Bethesda 

And then grandma passed away and Palmer came to visit.


And then 23 days of this...
and this...


And celebrating Joan's birthday like this...
and this...
and this...
and a trip to a zoo where the only animals where these two.

 And then there was First Communion

 And two school programs and a school fundraiser and a field trip and and field day 


And the building of Jurassic Park Islands

And a trip to Home Depot turned craft day 

And an Ice Cream Social
 

And an impromptu BBQ on a perfect spring day


And cleaning out the pool.
 

And the last Bible Study for the semester


 And the Symphony  


And little family reunions 
 
 

And a Garden Day... 


 Full of old memories



 and new friends...

an undercover CSI agent... complete with hidden handcuffs

amazing music

faithful volunteers

garden advice

(mom looking at a photo of Bruce's crops and realizing why I always call Uncle Bruce instead of asking she and dad)

moments of peace...

moments of mothering...

 Moments of miracles... 



Yesterday our shirts simply read, “love is patient.”
That's what life as a mom, a daughter, a wife, a caregiver, a friend is:
A lesson in learning patience. 
An opportunity to grow in love.






Happy Mother's day to me... time to get today's lesson going

No comments: