Monday, March 11, 2013

Dear Someday Self

Dear Someday Self,

This season of life is full.  Too full for blogging.  That's ok.
And whatever season of life you find yourself in. That's ok too.
Even if you have NOTHING to do.  It balances out.

If you have a million close friends.  That's awesome.
Because there was a season when you felt very alone.
If you don't have any friends. That's ok too.
Because once upon a season you learned that Jesus was enough.

If your children are amazingly content with life and living their full potential.
AWESOME. It was worth it.
But don't get cocky - 'cause you know it was grace...
There was a season of every morning melt-downs and knock-down-drag-outs just to eat breakfast
All before breakfast.  Everyday.
That's THIS season... and it isn't my favorite.
If your children are still a mess... keep praying and loving (and I'll throw out any more tips if I have'm).

Dear Someday-self
I'm pretty sure your marriage rocks.  Because well... once upon a time God gave you a good guy
And good guys CAN'T run away.
And I chuckle about that.  I hope you still chuckle about that.
What a blessing.  Treat him well for me... He's been through a lot.

And someday self
I don't know if your house is still full of people and all the men are still alive
but if you sit alone - be happy - because you spent a lot of good time with a lot of amazing people
If your house is still full and the men are still alive...
Go in a room and sit alone for a bit - because you spend a lot of good time with a lot of amazing people
BUT they are still people
You know what I mean.

Someday self
Maybe you are reading this 1 month from now or 30 years
Either way - your parents and Jarod's parents could be gone
I hope that the seasons from here to there were an ever growing -
exponential recognition of how amazing they all are
and I hope that somewhere between here and there you had a chance to let them know

And finally, Someday self
Whatever the house of your life looks like  -
Please remember this,
Proverbs 14:1 says, "The wise woman builds her house."
So, that was kind of the plan. For the hours. The days. The seasons.
Build a good house.
But Psalm 127:1 says,
"Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain."
He has his own plan...

Please let me know how it turns out.  Some days my faith is pretty wobbly.

And yet, "Jesus please build this house..."





No comments: