Friday, September 30, 2011

Where I eat fried food

I eat fried food at the State fair. All kinds of fried food. When I go visit my grandma in the nursing home I ear fried chicken. Last night the girls and I randomly attend a “Party with a Purpose” at a campus restaurant and eat 8 trays of fried appetizers: green beans, mushrooms, corn fritters, chips, tacitos, pickles, and doubles of most. I ate fried fish at my parents house and fried squash at our house during family dinner. Jarod is planning an “all things fried” party at our house after Halloween. He has plans for Reese's and twinkies. Oh he has plans.
And we find joy in our fried food and the laughter that surrounds the “fried Koolaide” signs and at watching me try to eat the horribly burned chicken with my grandma... amazed that she can eat it with only 2 teeth. And so I was thinking – with all this frying going along with our fun family and friend times this month.... it might be healthier if I took up drinking.
But it is getting cold here... so I am going to try soup first. It is cheaper. If that doesn't turn into our party indulgent of choice... I really might have to take up drinking for health's sake, because we are just having we too much fun around here to be frying with every event.








No comments: