Monday, September 19, 2011

Through Beautiful Eyes

About the time that facebook was taking over the world and I was vainly refusing to join, my sister-in-law “friended” my friend Andrea. After a few months of watching her comments, my sister-in-law commented that Andrea's posts were always so positive – no matter what. I was not surprised. Andrea might be the only “positive” person that I don't find gratingly annoying. And I guess, that is because I don't ever think it is fake or easy for her to do so. She chooses to view the world beautiful. She is an amazing photographer but I think that this requires little skill compared to how skillfully and intentionally she looks at the world around her.
She is able to find beauty because she knows it has to be there. She knows it has to be there because she know her God. She knows He is good and all that He does is good... sometimes it's just very out of focus or poorly lit, or hidden, or in fleeting glimpses. She has made an art of living, looking for it. That's why I wish she lived closer... so she could see my life beautiful every day. But since she doesn't – I learn to see it beautiful for myself... just like she teaches me ISO over the phone, she processes my day over the phone – and she helps me bring it into focus.

Thank you.

A few of her captured moments from her trip in July. Those days were WAY easy to view beautifully.













No comments: