Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Not free things

On most days I am a big proponent of the “best things in life are free” cliché. But today... I'm loving the things money can buy. For example – Emergency rooms and hospital stays and laproscopic surgeries aren't free. But I love them. I love that they successfully cure my husband.
I also love my pot rack. I feel shallow to say this. Domesticated beyond my wildest dreams. But with the amount I cook – the NOT having to reach on top of the refrigerator and shuffle through pans – makes me giddy. So giddy, my husband had to get my dad's help to hang it – the instant it came in the mail – or I would have made him use power tools while on codeine.
And speaking of cooking.
I didn't today. Really. At lunch we went to the annual pancake feed. YUM - as I eat sausage and watch small children have pancakes thrown on to their waiting plates. And for dinner, Saad is buying us all KFC - YUM (You have to love Saudi sympathy gestures). That, added to the pounds of candy, gourmet chips, and homemade steak Jarod has received in trade for his appendix, him getting sick is the best procurement of yummy food we have found in a long time. Yeah, I'd pay money for this life. Oh wait – we do... just not as much as we should :). Because gifts are good - and the people who give them... well - you just can't buy these people.



No comments: