Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Documented


Jude's unsolicited portail of his family: Jarod, Lucy, Jude, Me, Marrina, Seonjin and Jessie


I suppose if ICE or the INS came to take away one of our girls they would be better off showing their SS cards and Students Visas than Jude's family drawing. This kind of "documentation" for "belonging" just doesn't count. And it shouldn't... in some ways.

We must have order and processes to keep everyone safe and sane. We have countries, rules, and dividing lines for very good reasons. And as I sit here praying that God's will - will in fact be gracious in the lives of our dear friends waiting to hear if they are indeed going to be deported - I am thinking it is a good thing that I am not in charge of immigration. I draw very fuzzy lines... I need very little documentation. Give me a drawing that says - "they are our friends: They help us, and love us, and understand us and work to make our community and their children's lives better"... and I'd let them stay.

Waiting for the call to hear the government's verdict on our friend's future - I received word that the government did indeed decide to mail us the check we have been waiting on since May. And all the excitement I felt for that $8,000 is gone. And I'd send it all back to say, "There is room for one more family here... we can share... somehow it is all gonna work out." We can all be a big happy family...






Acclimation:
noun
adaptation to a new climate (a new temperature or altitude or environment)
WE CAN DO IT!!!




Our kids when they woke up and our house was 75, "mama - me wear jacket... no - WITH hat!!"

No comments: