Monday, April 19, 2010

See This? Week 3


This represents 55 hours of work I did not have to do. 11 people from the local Catholic high school came and scrapped wallpaper and tore up tack board on a community service day. Several were international students themselves and gave me some good "host mom" pointers as well, "They will cook their own food at times - don't stare at it like they are gross." OK. And thanks for the help... I hope they will all come by for a visit when it is all done - what a great day. Thanks BARB!!!



This is a toilet pulled from our bathroom. It does not work right now - so don't pee in it. Mark did and it wasn't fun to clean up.... but at least ... ya know.




This window should never be complimented - I hate this window. I hate the window beside it. I hate windows right now. Why does everyone think they are so pretty?? Those fancy little cross pieces make me want to claw my eyes out... I'd rather clean up the used pulled toilet then paint another chipping fancy window.



This is "Buzz light year - Tinkerbell green" I love it. I don't care if you do - I just hope the kids do for at least a few years.



This blue ceiling is proof that my husband really does love me and that it is a really good thing to have an open door policy - because with enough people walking through giving advice - someone has to be able to solve your problem. Problem: dark blue ceiling showed all of the errors of the last painter on the beautiful crown molding. Rejected solutions -take down crown molding to refinish and then comes the paneling and repairing whatever is behind the paneling or paint over white paint with blue paint. Acceptable solution - buy more trim to go on top of gap in old crown molding. Again - I spend more money and more time... breaking my own mantra.... but it's my mantra I can do that. Sort of...



Randy and Jarod at their happiest - ripping out the carpet - Randy happy because he gets to destroy something - Jarod happy because he gets to redo these floors to make them AMAZING once more. Isn't "ok" good enough??? Come on? The Mantra? Remember?? I guess I blew that on the blue ceiling and I'll be spending next week behind a sander.



Oh yeah... and those cubbies behind me... they kinda went against the mantra too... but ain't they purty?



Here is the start of an AMAZING tiling day - 5 guys - 15 hour day - 2 rooms tiled!!! Way to go!



Oh and here is our home's first fridge which it never saw because we sold it on Sunday - and hauled it off from the house of the people we bought it from. Didn't lose a penny - just a little time and sleep... and now we have to get mini appliances I guess. YEAH for cooking for 13 people in a toaster oven!



We interrupt the tiling day to pull down some wallpaper. Sommer says, "Ok guys, remember don't do this at anyone else's house, OK? EVER."



THANK YOU GUYS - if the mantra becomes a reality it is because of YOU.

Let's take a vote on the manta, doable or not?

"5 weeks -$5 grand"... move in ready and furnished... at least with a couch and toaster oven... :)


PS. The dots on the photos are dust. I'm sure it is bad for us - but it REALLY ruins the photos

No comments: