Sunday, March 28, 2010

Trip to Cali

What a week to finish off our season of ‘vacation.’ Jarod has had a job now for almost 2 months, and sadly that kept him from experiencing the joys of the last week, but the kids and I finished off our 3 1/2 month time of no responsibilities and visiting the ones we love with a bang. We spent the end of last week with the Stafford side of the family for my cousin Mariah’s wedding in San Diego, then we went up the coast a way to spend time with our dear friends the Bernards, then we met back up with my parents for a five year old’s perfect day in lego land. That night we ventured further up the coast to visit the 82 year old woman that I was named after (Mom and Dad hadn’t seen them in 27 years - but some friendships last the time and distance with such grace *good to know*). We spent a lovely afternoon with our friends the Servinghouse family who we bonded with in Honduras. Christina gave my parents their first grand tour of IKEA (and may I tell you I will fight coveting more as a homeowner than I ever thought possible.) Our last night was spent with Uncle Joe and Aunt Sue again, before we headed back to Kansas for my mom’s 60th Surprise party (Great job everybody on KEEPING THE SECRET and making it such a success.) We had a short but sweet visit with my Aunts, Uncles and Cousins - from as far away as the east coast. And a super sweet reunion back to Jarod - and back “home” with Joan and Bob. We even had time today for a quick science lesson with Uncle Brandon and Maysyn. And now with the whirlwind tour of late nights and great chats over.... tomorrow we close on the house and open a new chapter of life. Thanks for the memories and thanks for the support on the new adventure.



Andrea let me play with her camera and even gave me some lessons!








Favorite Legoland Construction:


A favorite past time of the Severinghouse boys:



Amanda and Tommy Wallace:



The part planning crew with the birthday girl, and my cousin Luke:



Home at last:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I should write something more deep and personal... but I just have to say - your hair looks SO good!!
xoxo sam