Thursday, February 4, 2010

Slightly more than the magic eight-ball

After Jarod was offered a job Tuesday, that would have logically been an opportunity to “jump on” we spent the next 36 hours pouring over Pro/Con lists and discussing, praying, debating, and re-discussing if we really did want to live here (Well I did – and my laid back husband just kept saying, “Either way” - and shaking his i-pod magic 8-ball ap. for an answer when things got a little too serious).
But do we really want to live in a town with such a low cost of living that we can save money - even while I get to enjoy staying home with the kids?
Do we really want to stay in a town where we have more eager babysitters than we have days of the week?
Where we have build in friends for all family members?
Where we have church that is eager to plug us into ministries and opportunities to serve the community?
Where our kids can grow up with 4 generations of family that they visit every week and get to know on a truly deep level?
We think so.
There were reasons to leave. Good reasons to leave. And places to go. Wonderful, amazing, new and exciting adventures to pursue. There always will be. The world isn't going anywhere.
And neither are we. Jarod will start Monday as a customer service tech for Eagle Communications – and ironically be the guy on the other end of the phone that he is so used to yelling at. And I will probably do just what I did here before, just what I am doing today. Spending time with my kids – spending time with my family and friends – filling in the inevitable gaps in people's lives – that only someone as blessed as me has the free time to fill. We haven't missed a beat... and who knows how long the song will continue

Thanks for your prayers

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow glad to hear that you guys "settled down" although I was secretly hoping the plan C of coming back to Honduras was in works. We need to chat because I want to hear about how you guys are doing.

The Tarka Family said...

Yay! I'm glad you're employed and getting settled. This is good news, although will we ever see each other again??