Tuesday, April 21, 2009

around the world without a camera

So some little blue dot on the LCD on our camera is being repair, and meanwhile we are traveling to the roots of our current character and back. Jarod is spending the week in Iowa on his grandmothers farm (where the kids and I dropped he and a 35 year old motorcycle off for a 400 mile ride home - please pray). I am in DC visiting my cousin whom I haven't really had a chance to connect with in the last decade but who was practically joined at my hip throughout childhood summers. If we we could just get a couple of tickets to PDX we would have visited almost all people and places that have unequally formed who we are today. And since i can't share pictures I thought I might share a little from the book shelves of the people we have been staying with. Grandma Mary's house is a wash in her normal Catholic literature but on this visit I was struck in awe with magazine titles like "Countryside," "Mother earth news," and "Grit". Solar showers anyone? Living off the grid? May be an option. We'll see how Jarod is doing in a week. And I just woke up to stare at a bookshelf that contains the title , "The Singularity is Near." It is going to be a full day if he has actually read that. I'm stoked.
As if to prove that our life is continual travel at this point I "bumped into" my mother and Grandmother on layover in Memphis. You know you are traveling to much when you are making social calls on layovers. Also we have purchased our tickets back to Honduras for May 11th... and with no set place to live when we get there it doesn't look like the instability has an end in sight. As far as how the children are taking it. I wouldn't call it child abuse, although Lucy is going to need an overdose of her inhaler with all the climate change and I am sure Jude is getting an overdose of candy while staying with the Grandparents for 3 days.

No comments: