Monday, April 6, 2009

1/2 way between Denver and KC...

on I-70. This is how I have become accustom to placing Hays for people. And surprisingly enough about 50 % of people say something like, "I've been through there.." "one time on a trip to..." "stopped and got gas..." "got snowed in..." etc. etc. And that is why I have decided you can't say you have 'been' somewhere until you have stayed in a home somewhere... or maybe even until you have HAD a home somewhere... it just isn't the same.

But even for those of us that call Hays home the travel can be trying. Jude has had a few extra difficulties in adjusting. Although when he saw our church for the first time he said, "I LOVE that church." When we responded that it was good to love church, he quickly clarified, "No I love THAT church - NOT those other churches." Oh dear.

Lucy, of course is emotionally fine but her breathing issues have escalated with the change in climate and new allergens. She really can't breath, so we are going to the storage shed today to look for Jude's old inhaler spacer. Oh dear.

We have attended my Grandma's 93 birthday party since we returned and my friend's first bridal shower. Went to the dentist and Jude officially has a dead tooth. The Dr says Lucy officially has RAD (baby asthma). And well.... there is plenty more going on... so I have to go. But we look happy and surrounded by friends don't we?







P.S. Our point and shoot camera had to be sent in for repairs and Jarod is forcing me to learn all kids of new things with the 'big camera' so maybe next week's blog will just be a photo exhibition.... that will be good 'cause I can't form a consistent thought stand anyway.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh dear I feel horrible poor little Lucy can't breath because we have your inhaler down here for Ellie (who also is have major respiratory issues still). I am sorry Lucy!!