Monday, March 30, 2009

Matthew 6:25-34

A NICE LITTLE LINE IN MIAMI


I am writing this from the 14th floor of a beautiful beachfront condo in Palm Beach Florida that has been happily housing and feeding my family since we arrived in the states 3 days ago, and I am wondering, "Really? Really? how can my life be so good" Our physical situation is as varied as roller coaster... but emotions are remaining surprisingly stable. In the last week we have packed a house, and what's more said a million goodbyes... to people we love, hot weather that could kill us, and finally said goodbye to a nice 4 hour bout with bacterial illness that left me wanting to DIE... or at least leave Honduras.

Which is exactly what we started doing at 4 a.m. Saturday morning. And 12 hours later - BAM - (anyone who has traveled with 2 small children knows it doesn't exactly work THAT way) we landed in easy-life paradise visiting friends, family, random English tourists, eco-science centers, trash-free beaches, hearing English and reading a few newspapers. I would say we are having "the time of our lives" ... but in all honesty I can't choose between surprise going away parties and hard life lessons in a developing country and penthouse living here... it's all good... it's all a gift... and it's all with my family.



Lucy saying goodbye to a little neighbor friend while we ate some yummy "comida tipica" on Wednesday.


Our neighbors posing for a photo after throwing us a surprise going a way party on Friday night.


Our friends Abner and Kelly after taking us out to lunch on Friday.... (what am I going to do when I have to cook again!?)


My one and only photo of our great day with my Aunt and Uncle.... I can't believe it but it was Lucy's first ride in a stroller and the rest of the day we were too busy talking!


Resting after a great walk with Dr. Melanasi... the wonderful man who has been taking care of us for a few days (I don't have a photo of his wife because she has been too busy cooking.)



So Kansas... here I come... let's see if I can keep on the upswing of this emotional roller-coaster after 4 weeks of tight-courter unstable extended-family living. Then I can blog about miracles.

No comments: