Tuesday, March 24, 2009

how I waste our money



So, in an attempt to iron out a somewhat feasible and semi-stable plan for life, Jarod went to visit an orphanage that is about a 2 hr. bus ride into the jungle. Due to bus schedules and such he and his sister spent the night out there. Meaning that I had 2 days by myself with the kids and our first experience at not being able to reach each other AT ALL in our married life (they don't have any cell or internet service out there right now.... which I secretly think is the only reason Jarod hasn't fully committed to hauling his whole family into the middle of nowhere.) Anyway. Since I had 2 free days to completely spend however I wanted, I came to the stark realization that I am a genius at wasting money and time. Here we spend all this energy to learn Spanish and I flit off to every neighbor who can speak English and has children, then when I could be spending hours in the evening studying I call a friend in the states and 'waste' an evening in English. But may I just say, and I hope the picture proves, that the twinge of guilt I feel is completely melted by the joy that deep friendships bring me, no matter where, or for how long. Friendships are the best way to 'waste' a life. Thanks for helping me do it.

P.S. No plan was ironed out.... and I am beginning to think 'ironing life' is as big a waste of time as ironing clothes.. and let's face it - I really barely get my clothes washed these days... so....

P.P.S. Jude is taking after me and "wastes" his day talking in English to our neighbor girl over the fence. Literally, each day for HOURS on end. At least he is great for her English...


P.P.P.S. Jarod has posted some great pictures from the jungle on his flickr sight... of course - no people - no plan... but it sure is pretty-ish :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for wasting your time on me! I sure do appreciate it! See you soon! Love, Sommer :)