Monday, May 12, 2008

let the picnics begin

I’m not feeling well tonight, maybe due to the fact that this week has been filled with 4 potluck picnics - which has translated into WAY too many hot dogs (as if one isn’t way too many).
Seriously, it has been a great week, with a final night of AWANA which included a giant moon walk thingy (that somehow deflated when Jude was at the very top of the slide and he sunk so far into the middle I couldn’t see his head) (See video for view of said death trap).



Then we had a surprise party for our friend Katie out at my parent’s place – which again brought hot dogs and many children.







Saturday morning was beautiful weather for a motorcycle ride with my parents and some friends – we rode an hour to a town that was supposed to have a great restaurant (which closed 5 years ago) and we ended eating fried “bar food” to “balance out” the hot dog diet from the night before.)



Saturday evening found us at a potluck with Jarod’s co-workers – and a whole new group of children… who Jude didn’t play with at all because they had a large screen TV to which he was glued the entire night (our strict no TV policy seems to be failing.) Sunday we went to another potluck – way out in the middle of no-where. I got the girls from the Mary Elizabeth home there no problem but my directions were lacking and Jarod and Jude ended up taking another motorcycle ride to the little town with the bar food – SO NOT near the potluck!
Tonight we had our usual Monday night dinner with Jarod’s family and although it was perfect weather for a picnic and BBQ – I made Chinese.
This last video clip is a gratuitous lunch scene… just the daily norm for our ALWAYS VERBAL 3 year old… after the clip ends it just goes on and on and on and then he spills his milk… and then it goes on and on and on….



Oh and finally Jarod and his brother are fiber glassing custom seats for their motorcycles. The last time I was pregnant he fiber glassed a custom surfboard - I am beginning to think that he likes finding a particularly toxic hobby during my pregnancies - just to assure some time away from me :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Since it's a special day, can I watch a movie?" As if a bouncy thing and a water fountain are not enough to give a three year old a special day. Jude is going to watch TV infomercials for fun when he grows up! I love him!