Monday, April 21, 2014

My favorite holiday

So Easter is - BY FAR - my favorite holiday. I don't care what you call it or what you do. Resurrection Sunday, Holy week, Semana Santa, eggs, lamb, Passover, family photos all matchy-matchy, Good friday, Maundy Thursday, ham, chocolate, baptisms, Bible readings,  Jesus movies, dressing to the nines, flowers, card games, steak, foot washings, more eggs, sunrise service, lent, pizza, cemetery service, orchestras, bike rides, and bunnies. I honestly don't care how you celebrate this week - I can make it about Jesus and my new life in Him. I just see Jesus everywhere during these days. Sorry if that got annoying to anyone... (and also I may try to keep that up --- but tin a non-annoying way :).

I kinda tried to trash the holiday for a couple of years by trying to do it ALL in a 12 hour span... but even then I couldn't ruin it.  Though exhausted afterward, I loved the three years of figuring out how to "do this holiday best" - after we figured out it would necessarily include 35 people.  But now - we spread it out, delegate it out, and slow it down.  Collaboration and a beautiful day meant my son and I went on a 6 mile bike ride between sunrise service, a baptism, a 317 egg easter hunt, and a steak dinner for 35 people and a sleepover - and I felt like going for a jog on this rainy morning.  I was seeing miracles everywhere. Thank You Jesus.

My photography was super lame this year... but the memories are good...




















No comments: