Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bambi rule

Well, I guess I now know that my grading idea was dumb because I can't write when I am in a below C state. Because I am logical enough to know that everything I am feeling makes no sense what-so-ever and because the movie Bambi has had a profound impact on my interpersonal dealings for many a year (who knew?)

Here's the deal – our camera (purchased for it's claim to fame durability) was damaged and sent in for repairs – before Christmas. The slow and incompetent Olympus people returned it in worse condition- AFTER we missed the holidays. So finally this week they sent us a replacement camera – thus explaining the lack of photo blogging.

Also, (if you can't tell from my not-so-gracious description of the poor customer service people) I haven't been the most gracious lately, and following Thumpers ever pertinent advice, I have tried to adhere to the rule, “If you don't have anything nice to say – don't say anything at all.” (Well, at least refrain from writing it for the whole world to see.)

Current situation. We don't have a job, a car, a house, nor are we any closer to these things than we were 6 weeks ago. My husband is annoyingly calm and enjoying himself mooching off his parents for a bit and getting caught up with friends, family and his motorcycle. My children are loving eating ice cream 5 times a week and spending the night with friends. Our friends seem to be loving having us around, and as of yet there has not even been any complaining amongst our parents about our extended stay. So, apparently, I am the only one freaking out. I am the only one who lets her expectations float away like a released helium ballon on every wind of opportunity. I have been “sure” of the next step about every 72 hours for the last 3 weeks. Totally to have the winds change on me or better yet just get dashed into a horrifically thorny tree or electrical wire. So I am feeling zapped... but maybe just a little awakened by it all.

And all the cliches to “let it be,” and “enjoy it while it lasts” seem far to apropo. And I find myself clinging to the the Psalms of waiting upon the Lord with my fingernails. I am humbled by the graciousness of my in-laws, and overwhelmed by how posh** our life really is. We could be so carefree – if I let us.


While looking for the correct spelling of this word (which I still don't know that I have) I found these things:

1. The definition of the word: luxuriant
profuse, plush
abundant, ample, copious, deluxe, dense, elaborate, excessive, extravagant, exuberant, fancy, fecund, fertile, flamboyant, flourishing, fruitful, lavish, luscious, lush, opulent, overflowing, palatial, plenteous, plentiful, prodigal, productive, profusive, prolific, rampant, rank, rich, riotous, sumptuous, superabundant, teeming, thriving.

2. How to overcome horrible web formatting when transfered into office


3. These 2 web sites which will come in very handy as my kids get older and I become even more clueless (if that is possible):
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/
http://www.urbandictionary.com/



4. A lecture that I had heard about but never had taken time to listen to by Randy Pausch.


You learn something new every day.. even if it is surfing the web at midnight for new reason in your in-law's basement. Thank you blogging ritual

*** 6:30 a.m. Internet surfing of classifieds for house, car and job is even less enjoyable with a internet hangover from a pointless web surf the night before. Thank you blogging ritual


Oh and things I am taking time to do – that I never would in ANY other season of life:

Learn to do my duaghter's hair



Go on a random road trip with my parents to re-zone their water rights, distribute Bibles and low-and-behold – stop at a train club display with a 3 legged dog and eat way too much ice cream

No comments: