Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Awhile A+ (crazy huh?)

We've been married 8 years today. That is a while longer than I can believe, and more has happened than I could have ever imagined. Which makes me think that the next – however long we have - are going to go just as fast and unpredictably. I am kinda giving up making plans for life but I have some thoughts.

I think we'll spend the next few years preparing to raise two teenagers. Then we'll struggle through about 8 years of that. Then maybe we'll retire from the only lifelong career it looks like we may have... or be grandparents, which after wearing both of our parents out on family vacations this month, doesn't sound too relaxing.





We'll do a bit of travel.. we will scream at each other through all city driving, but each time we get quicker to forgive. We might take a little tourist hiatus from archaeological sights for a few years – because although changing diapers on the Mayan ruins was amusing – it just isn't that convenient.





Maybe we'll go back to Hays, or China to live – or maybe we'll stay forever in Urraco. There will be nice people there and things to learn – and there will be each other – so I'm all good.

We'll mock each other, be continually surprised by our differences, and be sharpened into the people God wants us to be by each other. We'll stay on the same page. It's not easy, but I have figured out that as long as I put my thoughts and feelings on an electrical gadget somehow, he knows about me and if I watch carefully I can guess his next steps. (So Jarod if you are reading this on your I-pod – it's been another good year – I love you.)


1 comment:

Andrea Bernard said...

Hoped you two had a wonderful past couple days - thought of you both and prayed for you often (as usual!), but I thought your anniversary was the 11th all this time!

Love you tons - have you left Miami yet? I cherished the thought of us being in the same country there for a while, but want you to be where you should be, where you know you are learning and loving and growing in ways God could only do "there"... wherever "there" happens to be in any given year :) .

Again, love you, miss you, and congratulations!!! Happy Anniversary dearest ones!!!!