Monday, November 10, 2008

A day is as a thousand years

As with all things in life there is no debriefing time. As we started our return from NC we were informed that Grandma had fallen and broken her hip and was going into surgery. She made it out beautifully but now the long and painful process of recovering is underway. Made much more difficult by her dementia and fears that we are all poisoning her. So 3 of us are working in shifts...and I of course bring Lucy because I have to feed her... but actually she is the only thing that brings a smile to grandma's face.... and today she visited 2 other elderly people in recovery.
But this is my view... and I was thinking how fast each of my days go until I enter this room with the elderly and the babe.... to them each day is an eternity... one just waiting and wanting to die – and one oblivious to time as a whole.... I'm in a time warp but I am in the midst of the circle of life.

(This moment brought to you by Jarod's new laptop... I love being married to a nerd!)



These moments brought to you from NC... Aunt Teresa... I'll get all the photos in the mail as soon as I can. Is my cellphone charger at your house?




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the thumb sharing! And I love the grandma and grandbaby picture! I did a family picture when my daughter was a baby - 4 generations. It is a precious picture and I'm SO thankful that i did it, because not much later my last grandmother passed away - it's a picture that will be treasured always!