Monday, June 23, 2008

goofing off and growing


Jude’s helmet fetish is well known. The official helmet count is 10 but this yellow bucket serves well as a, “soccer helmet,” he says. (Although, I have seen him use it for both basketball and golf, as well). See Alison, our non-protective ways are turning him into an over-self-protective child. I’m sure he’ll be in therapy for that.

I had some time to take photos this weekend of “how my garden grows.” And a shot of “how the belly grows,” for my mama who is far from here. (Don’t worry mom you aren’t missing anything)



(You should’a seen this pregnant woman run to get in this self-timed photo!)

Jarod and Jude were in Iowa this weekend for Jarod’s great uncle’s funeral. In fact, this weekend was so devoid of people that at one point I thought, “If I have this baby, Bob and Mark are my nearest of kin to be in the delivery room.”
On Friday, we had an ultrasound (#4) just to “make sure everything was ok” because I am still measuring small (2 weeks small – plus or minus 2 weeks… so basically a hospital donation of $500). Anyway, haven’t heard anything. Baby is head down though…. And I am feeling “crafty” so something’s gotta be up…



The cradle and my "crafty" onsies - would it be too rude to make one that says, "baby talk is annoying" ?

2 comments:

The Tarka Family said...

You don't know this but I've been secretly calling Jude and talking to him over the phone about practical safety techniques - like wearing buckets for helmets, not running with scissors, locking your doors at night, stranger danger and not allowing your prego-mommy to go down the water slide. He isn't a lost case, yet. :) *alison

Unknown said...

I fully support the anti-baby talk onesie. Baby talk is bad for babies, I read somewhere, because it encourages speech impediments. DO IT!

Did Jarod tell you about my 3rd of July party? At my parents' house, email me if you have questions! elise.amelie@gmail.com