Thursday, May 31, 2012

May comes to an end


We returned from two great trips – a weekend with Jarod's family in Iowa and a great week at Bear Trap Ranch near Colorado Springs. How blessed we are!!
In iowa we had the chance to celebrate the amazing 80 year's of Grandma's Mary's life, get an old car running, do a little fishing, EAT, celebrate two birthdays, an anniversary, and Chrissy heading off to Africa.
At Bear Trap we had the opportunity to hike, rappel, rock climb, eat, play, and learn with about 40 international students from a half a dozen countries.
Although it was a busy and physically exhausting week Jarod and I both agree it is a healthy exhaustion that we can recover from with a few nights of good sleep – and thanks to some beautifully cool weather we are getting GREAT sleep.

There are too many wonderful memories for me to have time to share so I will just share a few photos and then get on my way with a full and fun summer schedule. Please know that we so appreciate all of your prayers as we continue to experience the glory of God and His love for humanity in our daily lives.

Photos in NO particular order:

1. Here we are stranded at Pet's Mart after our breaks went out on our van in Colorado Springs, "What's that Jarod? They say it will be $450 - AWESOME!!"
 2. Our group from Hays.
 3.  Ok - it was SOOO Windy this day at the top of the hike I really thought someone was going to die. Namely - my son.  Kingson was holding on to him while I helped some girls and I thought to myself, "Could I forgive Kingson if he let's go of Jude and something happens?" Later when I told Kingson he said he had been asking himself a different question, "If I had a child would I let them climb the mountian."  He answered "No".  So it is all a matter of perspective.... It was a good view from the top. :)
 4.  Here is our hiker holding on for dear life at the top - Our kids were awesome on this trip
 5.  My "family group" - One Chinese, One Korean, One Japanese - ALL AMAZING!!!
 6. MingDi - is a new friend who was a professional Volleyball player in China... she is maybe oen of the sweetest people I have ever met.
 7.  Except for maybe Lynn... who lives in our house!! Yeah!
 8.  Ok - and this is Iowa - with the Model T - headed to the open house
 9. We also dedicated the gazebo that has been underway for 2 years.
 10.  Back at Bear Trap the other campers called Kingsen "super nanny"... we couldn't ask for a better friend.
 11.  Here is Lucy with a cupcake at grandma Mary's reception... someday I should just do a Lucy's cupcake photo series... she is classic with eating... or should I say licking those things
 12.  Here is Grandma Mary's "suiter" Arnie and Khaled who went to Iowa with us.  I am telling you the conversation that I overheard between these two were UNFORGETTABLE.  Let me just say... world peace may have started at that table.
 13.  The siblings together.... ahhhhhh.....
 14.  The stop at Cabelas on the way home
 15.  And the stop to see the solar eclipse... with all the lenses and screens that Jarod and Merle brought and made... you would have thought those two had discovered the eclipse with all of there enthusiasm. But as Tony says, "it was nice." :) lol
 16.  Beauty. right? right.
 17.  Oh - Jarod and I even learned to square dance at bear trap... along with 40 other people in a very HOT stinky rooms... following which there was no running water. YEAH! Adapt, Improvise and Overcome - our week's moto
 18.  Khaled and his horse
 19.  The warrior men.

No comments: