Friday, April 15, 2011

10 minutes to blog

Well, I have 10 minutes to throw something out here. My life is full and I have lots to say about all of it. Nothing I can summarize in ten minutes - except this one thing that I should have mentioned about 4 months ago. But honestly, I talk about it so much I don't have much to say. The perfect 10 minute blog.

We are constructing a man cave. Yes, that's right. After 10 years of living in less than 500 sq. ft together or out of suitcases and backpack together, of never having a bedroom that didn't serve as either a living room or office - we get a 5,000 sq. ft. house - a true blue bedroom - and my husband decides he needs "a little more space." I think he might be spacially dislexic.

But ya know - what's a girl to do? Besides if he didn't take over the 500 sq. ft at the back of our garage my mom was going to turn it into a craft store or something, and the girls upstairs honestly suggested I start a small Asian grocery. So, because I don't have time for one more hobby and it has been FIRMLY established that I am NOT cleaning the man cave - he go that space. And a budget - and a motorcycle garage door, and me and a friend scrubbing and staining his floor, and an old bowling alley to make a bar top, a free HUGE TV, and apparently whatever else he wants. He told me once about the time he talked a high school teacher up from a D to a B+... just talked her into somehow. He said he's "charming".... he must be - that's how he got me and that's how I got a man cave that I REALLY, REALLY, AM NOT GOING TO CLEAN. :) But I'll probably post a SWEET picture when we're done.

No comments: