Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So far in 2011...

We have had a grand “hot pot” feast with our new friends at FHSU



We are getting good use out of our Christmas presents




We joined my family on their “retreat” to Ganby, Co – where Jude learned to ski and I got the flu.




We went on search through Denver for Korean “red sauce” which has now surpassed not only ketchup but Ranch as our family's condiment of choice.

We retrieved Jessie from her flight from China, Marrina from her second trip to Colorado, and moved our first guy in the basement – Tony – from China. (Today a man named Saad from Saudi Arabia came to look – and we are really excited about all he would add to our family.)

We finished the fireplace... the first and (probably) last great project on the house this year!



We had a “boys” day with some of Jude's friends – which reminds me – how does one go about paying for the food which teenage boys consume?



We went dog sledding behind Blaze and Jasmine




Jarod and I went on a lovely date – courtesy of “the girls” while they watched our children. We had a wonderful time while they did very well with the kids, although it was commented that, “Lucy just thinks you are kidding when you give her instructions.” Yes, yes she does.


And right now we are enjoying an afternoon of cancelled school with homemade hot chocolate in front of the fire and movies from the library.


I like this year. I like this year very much.

P.S. Thank you Jarod for working over time and yucky hours so that I can spend so much time with our family... I don't take it for granted.
P.P.S. Thank you God for giving us all we needed to pay for the boiler... it was a miracle and I hope I can freak out less after all your provision - but I probably won't. I'll probably freak out this year too. Sorry about that.
P.P.P.S. Oh and I am starting to read again. Jarod doesn't think I need to read the economist cover to cover but I am SO CLUELESS - I have SO MUCH to catch up on!!

1 comment:

Sam Rothman said...

John reads the economist cover to cover and then tries to have an intelligent conversation with me. He is starting to doubt that I ever went to an Ivy League school... me too!