Sunday, November 22, 2009

Final proof that I am my mother

It is the baggage limits - I tell you. We don't want to do it, but the airlines made us. How on earth are we to bring each of you a souvenir in bags that weigh under 75 lbs? Who gets bags of fresh roasted coffee? Who gets homemade chocolate? Who gets the dozen slingshots the boys are busy making? Who gets the bags my neighbor sewed when she was desperate for money? Those of you who have written us? Those who have prayed for us? Those who have donated to the village and library? I am telling you, there is no 75 lb solution – and no way to give you all that we want. SO.... we are going to have a party.

I know it is the most miserable time of year to do so, and I know those of you from a distance won't be able to come. I know that we won't have time to sit down and chat about your lives – about the details we really want to hear. But maybe if we do this one big thing, we can share just a little bit of the year we have had with you – and we can show you how much you have meant to us – and maybe you can go home with some REALLY cool stuff. So you are invited:

Monday, December 14th
High Plains Church Basement

7:00 p.m. Showing of our video presentation - Q&A
7:30 p.m. Giving of a massive amount of door prizes
7:45 p.m. Sampling of Honduran yummies and chatting

If you cannot come but would like to be included please email us your name and address (and at least a few sentences about your year... it's not too much to ask) – we'll include you in the door prizes and will mail you our year end DVD.

Children welcome and PLEASE invite whoever you think would be interested and RSVP to 785-625-6220 by Dec 11 if you know you'll be making it. And NO MOM we aren't sending out invitations, decorating, or taking out a newspaper add (but you can call your whole address book if you want).

Finally - Our life here is crazy beautiful as ever. I don't want to write about leaving in two weeks because I don't want to think about leaving in two weeks. But it is probably good thing we are, because a few months here and we would be fully Honduran. I am making my own tortillas and when Lucy was sick last week I resorted to the folk remedy of chicken fat mixed with menthal and kerosine. It worked she's all better - plus 5 new teeth - don't nock it til you try it... never mind that she was totally flamable for a few nights. So no good Honduran blog.... you'll get your fill of Honduran info hopeful the night of the 14th.

No comments: