Friday, October 9, 2009

Thoughts I never thought I'd think. But I REALLY DO.


Thoughts I never thought I'd think. But I REALLY DO.

Grocery shopping is so extravagant.

How can I get a 1,000 extra calories into our diet today? Maybe I should fry something in animal fat.

Should I kill that 4 inch spider by my bed or is it really worth the mess tonight?

Is it rude not to eat the endangered species they cooked for dinner?

I am freezing! It has got to be like 75.

I think I'll sell shoes out of the back of my truck today.

I can't grow any food – maybe I'll just grow flowers... or at least these flowery weeds.

Now, is this one of those plants that I can just cut off and stick in the ground and it will take root?

Where is my machete? “Jude, have you been using my machete?”

Did they just tell me that the are ending school a month early and no one knows or cares why?

Oh, good – another dead mouse by the fridge!

Has Lucy had more sugar today or vegetables. Wait. Have we had any vegetables today?

Is it a problem that my two dogs are doing the 'real hokey-pokey' in the middle of our 40 kid hokey-pokey circle, or should I just keep singing?

We've only had refried beans 4 times this week. That is really what we should have for dinner.

OH! (upon seeing a student do her chores at home) So that is why that 3rd grader is so strong!

Why did that squirrel just jump on Lucy's face?

Did I just tell my student that I am really hot and tired today or that I want to make love to him? I think I should just stop talking.

Is this kid just showing my this 2 inch fish or is he asking me to fry it up for dinner?

Middle of the night, “What's that sound? Is it someone outside my window or is that rat in the pantry? I hope it is someone with a gun outside my window.”

Oh look – I have a storage shed and 100 books – maybe I should start a library in a language I don't speak... when I am already struggling to survive!

Who fed the monkey today? Does he eat watermelon?

I'd really like some chocolate. If I start right now, I can have some next Saturday. Or how about frozen yogurt. We get milk on Tuesday – so I could have that made by Thursday.

Will it be more distracting to try to get that cow to leave the classroom or should I try to shew him out?

I am pretty sure this kid hasn't eaten today. Should I still make him work for the food or will he pass out?

This delicious orange julius only cost 4 cents and about 1 hours worth of labor. Good thing our time isn't worth anything.

Does this woman really want to be my friend or is she just walking 2 miles to try to sell me $1.00 worth of tortillas.

What family activity can we do while it rains and is too loud to talk or hear ANYTHING?

If I ever build a house I am going to build it with a sink to hand wash clothes... it is just so handy – and it can double for a place to clean animal carcasses. But my kids CANNOT brush their teeth there.

Do these pants make me look thin or do I have worms?













-- Post From My iPod

2 comments:

valerie schupman said...

Your blog is so interesting. I had a good laugh at this one. What stories you'll have to tell!
Valerie

Wendy Hett said...

Best one yet!