Saturday, March 29, 2008

the boy




Chances are, at least until July when the next kid comes, most of you are going to be reading this or glancing at it, for a photo update of Jude. We are bias, but he is a pretty good reason to visit any website. As a highly entertaining 3 year old, he is, what I consider, the best excuse on earth to be unemployed.
Five days week he keeps me amused with his antics, random quotes, and thought provoking questions and views on the world (I hope to share some of those with you if I can just remember to write them down).
I experience, as all “housewives” must, a strong desire for adult conversation and intellectual stimulus throughout the day but mostly I consider the next 18 years a grand experiment; a daily view into questions about anthropology in general ~ and that is highly stimulating.
But on a general day, the grand experiment looks a lot like he and his friends destroying my house with their toys… and of recent violent pirate sword fights. It looks like piles of sand brought in from the sandbox, walks to the library and park, stacks of books, and meals that take WAY too long to account for the no more than 10 bites eaten. He is an undersized child, a verbal child, and perhaps the most over-photographed child in the world. (these are my favorites for 08 so far)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Here it is: the first comment on your first blog post ever. Yes! I get to make it!

I cannot wait to keep up with Jude's antics in both picture and text form, and read your smart/funny/sweet (my favorite combo) take on everything. Wheee!

The Tarka Family said...

Yay!!! Welcome to the dark side. Now you can call yourself a "blogger" and be cool like me. *al

Circle Likes Beckham said...

Here you go. This is your American English,not Chinese English nor Spanish English. It is very different from what you would say when you are talking with me.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Amanda I love this and hearing about everything going on in the Tippy family....you should be a writer it is so entertaining reading your stuff.

Ps...Jude is getting soo big and cuter everyday!! Only a couple more months and he'll be a big brother...so exciting!!